Consulting-Specifying Engineer's top 5 most read articles online, for February 27 to March 5, covered self-powered wireless technology, unitary pumping solutions, integrating commissioning, NFPA 101, and emergency power in mission critical facilities. Link to each article below.
1. Self-powered wireless technology adds flexibility to smart buildings
Future trends in building automation solve many problems with increased flexibility and wireless technology.
2. Optimizing unitary pumping solutions
Unitary pumping solutions integrate variable speed drives (VSDs) to allow for pumps to self-optimize.
3. Integrating commissioning, testing for fire alarm systems
System coordination includes commissioning and integrated testing of fire alarm systems using NFPA 3 and NFPA 4 as guidance.
4. Applying NFPA 101 in mission critical facilities
Mission critical facilities-including health care, industrial facilities, and other buildings-rely on NFPA 101: Life Safety Code to define fire and life safety strategies.
5. Your questions answered: Backup, standby, and emergency power in mission critical facilities
Speakers at the Feb. 16 Critical power: Backup, standby, and emergency power in mission critical facilities webcast addressed questions not covered during the live event.
This list was developed using CFE Media's web analytics for stories viewed on www.csemag.com, February 27 to March 5, for articles published within the last two months.
Joy Chang, digital project manager, CFE Media, firstname.lastname@example.org.